St Barnabas Street, Wellingborough
St Barnabas Street in Wellingborough , Northamptonshire has been added to the Street Study Directory.
The goal of this project is to follow the changes that happened on St Barnabas Street, who resided on the street, their occupations, and the history of St Barnabas Church, School, and work places.
To cater for a fast expanding population of the town, a chapel of ease was built in 1863 on land between St Barnabas Street and College Street. The simple early church was demolished and replaced in 1873. Sadly this attractive red brick church was completely destroyed by fire in 1949. A new church was opened in 1954.
The study is hosted on WikiTree.